Last updated 11 April 2018
Paddle.com Market Limited is a company incorporated in England and Wales (company number 08172165).
Information We Collect
We collect information primarily to provide better services to all of our customers. We collect information you provide to us on our Site such as your name, email address, postal address, phone number, company name, payment information and demographics. We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect on our Site.
When you visit our Site, some information is automatically collected. This may include information such as the Operating System (OS) running on your device, Internet Protocol (IP) address, access times, browser type, and language, and the website you visited before our Site. We also collect information about how you use Paddle’s product(s).
Most Web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you set your browser to reject cookies, some features will be unavailable. For more information on how to reject cookies, see your browser’s instructions on changing your cookie settings.
Paddle retains your data while you are a customer and will delete your information within 30 days of either party’s termination of the Terms upon written request.
How We Use Information We Collect
We use the information we collect primarily to provide, maintain, protect and improve our current products and to develop new ones. We use personal information collected through our Site as described in this Policy or on our Site. For example, we may use your information to:
- Improve our services, Site and how we operate our business;
- Understand and enhance your experience using our Site, products and services;
- Provide and deliver products and services you request;
- Process, manage, complete, and account for transactions;
- Provide customer support and respond to your requests, comments and inquiries;
- Invite you to participate in customer research;
- Create and manage online accounts you establish;
- Send you related information, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Communicate with you about promotions, upcoming events and news about products and services offered by Paddle and our selected partners;
- Link or combine it with other information we get from third parties, to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- Protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, unauthorised or illegal activity.
Information provided to your users
We may display the following information to logged-in users according to their access level: first name and last name of all team members, analytics showing user usage of software, end user names, emails and sales data, user feedback and exceptions. We are not responsible for securing data or information by logged-in users. In no event shall Paddle, its subsidiaries, affiliates or any of their respective directors, officers, employees or agents, be liable to products/applications users for revealing information by the logged-in users after obtaining such information by them from the Company.
Paddle processes Personal Data in the UK, Republic of Ireland, and the US. Data stored and processed by the Paddle platform may sometimes be moved between these zones (in a secure manner).
All countries or territories where Paddle processes data ensure an adequate level of protection for the rights and freedoms of data subjects in relation to the processing of said data. All platform infrastructure where processing takes place adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles agreed upon by the U.S, the European Union and Switzerland.
Paddle takes the protection of customer data extremely seriously. Technical measures are in place to prevent unauthorised or unlawful access to data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, data.
Sharing of Personal Information
Information You Share
Information We Share
We do not share your personal information with third parties without your consent other than:
- With third parties who work on our behalf provided such third parties adhere to the data protection principles set out in the European Union Directive and/or Regulation on Data Protection or other applicable legilsation, or enter into a written agreement with Paddle requiring that the third party provide at least the same level of privacy protection as is required by such Principles;
- To comply with laws or to respond to lawful requests and legal process (provided that Paddle will endeavour to notify you if Paddle has received a lawful request for your information);
- In an emergency, including to protect the personal safety of any person; and
- For the purposes of a business deal (or negotiation of a business deal) involving sale or transfer of all or a part of our business or assets (business deals may include, for example, any merger, financing, acquisition, divestiture or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding).
Personal Information Security
Paddle takes reasonable steps to help protect your personal information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse, and unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. It is your responsibility to protect your user names and passwords to help prevent anyone from accessing or abusing your accounts and services. You should not use or reuse the same passwords you use with other accounts as your password for our services.
If you are under 18, or the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which you reside, you may only use the Paddle website and Paddle Services with the consent of your parent or legal guardian.
Your Information Choices and Changes
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from Paddle by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about your Paddle projects or our ongoing business relationship. You may also send requests about your contact preferences, changes and deletions to your information including requests to opt-out of sharing your personal information with third parties by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Paddle will respond within thirty (30) days to any request to delete your information. Individuals who have provided information to Paddle’s customers must send requests to change or delete such information to the particular Paddle customer.
Changes to This Policy
Paddle may change this Policy from time to time. If we make any changes to this Policy, we will change the “Last Updated” date above. You agree that your continued use of our Services after such changes have been published to our Services will constitute your acceptance of such revised Policy.
Data Protection Registration
Paddle is registered as a data controller with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office. Our data protection reference number is ZA152280.
If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us at email@example.com.