Our mission is to help software businesses succeed - enabling them to focus on creating products the world loves. Hundreds of developers and software companies rely on our checkout and licensing solution to sell their products globally, as well as using our powerful analytics and marketing tools to understand and grow their businesses.
Our vision is to become the platform that all software companies use to run and grow their business. We aim to replace a fragmented ecosystem of specialised tools with a unified platform that removes the complex burden that comes with running a software business, whilst also providing unparalleled insight to help them grow faster.
We've been recognised by Deloitte UK Fast 50 as the fastest growing software company in the UK and ranked 6th in tech overall, having grown our revenue by over 3,000% in the last 3 years. We’ve received over $17.5m in funding from Notion, BGF Ventures and Kindred Capital, and are proud to be one of the most exciting growth stage tech businesses in the UK selected by Tech City’s Future Fifty.
- Aug-12 Christian founds Paddle from his bedroom in Corby, United Kingdom (the glamour!), he is 18, and this is his third business. As a software and app developer he encountered the frustrations of selling software globally and decided to do something about it. It’s fair to say that he’s a bit of an Apple fanboy.
- Mar-13 A mighty team of two, Christian and Harrison head to London having received seed funding from Mark Pearson (founder of MyVoucherCodes)
- Jan-14 Angel investment from Mark Evans (partner at Kindred Capital)
- Aug-14 Our 2nd birthday: 3x revenue growth, team of 8 people, 100 customers
- Nov-14 We launch multi-currency payments
- Aug-15 Our 3rd birthday: 4x revenue growth, team of 14 people, 200 customers
- Jan-16 Subscriptions are born
- June-16 We attend our first WWDC
- Aug-16 Our 4th birthday: 3x revenue growth, team of 15 people, 300 customers
- Sep-16 We raise our $3.2m Series A from BGF Ventures, Kindred & existing angels
- Dec-16 We move into our shiny new HQ near London Bridge
- Jan-17 We’re selected to be one of 30 UK tech companies to be part of Tech City’s Upscale program
- May-17 We merge with Devmate to create the best e-commerce platform for software businesses out there, adding crash reporting and improving trials & licensing
- Jun-17 We host an awesome party for developers with Setapp at WWDC in San Jose
- Aug-17 Our 5th birthday: 3x revenue growth, team of 35 people, passionate about helping over 400 software businesses
- Nov-17 Thanks to a revenue growth of 3,239% over the last 3 years, we're a winner in the Deloitte UK Fast 50 recognising the fastest growing companies in tech, coming 6th overall and 1st in the software category
- Dec-17 We raise our $12.5m Series B from Notion, with additional investment from MacPaw and existing investors BGF Ventures and Kindred. We also have the best Xmas lunch in our history.
- Mar-18 We're delighted to join Future Fifty, a programme made of the most exciting growth stage businesses in the UK.
- Mar-18 We roll out several major product updates, including the highly anticipated addition of Apple Pay and our new Inline Checkout.
- Apr-18 We double our office size by breaking walls and taking over the whole floor. We're now 70. To celebrate, we have 2 chefs prepare decadent waffles for our team all morning.