Our mission is to help software businesses succeed - enabling them to focus on creating products the world loves. Hundreds of developers and software companies rely on our checkout and licensing solution to sell their products globally, as well as using our powerful analytics and marketing tools to understand and grow their businesses.
We’re one of the fastest growing software companies in the UK. Our revenue tripled last year and in the last 6 months our team has doubled to over 30 people. We’ve received over $5m in funding from BGF Ventures and Kindred Capital, and are proud to be one of Tech City’s Upscale 2017 rising stars.
- Aug-12 Christian founds Paddle from his bedroom in Corby, United Kingdom (the glamour!), he is 18, and this is his third business. As a software and app developer he encountered the frustrations of selling software globally and decided to do something about it. It’s fair to say that he’s a bit of an Apple fanboy.
- Mar-13 A mighty team of two, Christian and Harrison head to London having received seed funding from Mark Pearson (founder of MyVoucherCodes)
- Jan-14 Angel investment from Mark Evans (partner at Balderton)
- Aug-14 Our 2nd birthday: 3x revenue growth, team of 8 people, 100 customers
- Nov-14 We launch multi-currency payments
- Aug-15 Our 3rd birthday: 4x revenue growth, team of 14 people, 200 customers
- Jan-15 Subscriptions are born
- June-16 We attend our first WWDC
- Aug-16 Our 4th birthday: 3x revenue growth, team of 15 people, 300 customers
- Sep-16 We raise our $3.2m Series A from BGF, Kindred & existing angels
- Dec-16 We move into our shiny new HQ near London Bridge
- Jan-17 We’re selected to be one of 30 UK tech companies to be part of Tech City’s Upscale program
- May-17 We merge with Devmate to create the best e-commerce platform for software businesses out there, adding crash reporting and improving trials & licensing
- Jun-17 We host an awesome party for developers with Setapp at WWDC in San Jose
- Aug-17 Our 5th birthday: 3x revenue growth, team of 35 people, passionate about helping over 400 software businesses