You can create a coupon via the API or via the Seller dashboard.
Creating a coupon via the dashboard
- In the Dashboard, click Checkout and then Coupons.
- Click on “Add Coupon” button.
- Enter the coupon code or leave the coupon code field empty, if you want us to generate a unique coupon code on form submission.
- Tick the “Recur” checkbox if your product is a subscription plan and you want to apply the discount not just to the initial payment but to all the recurring payments.
- Select the discount type, you can choose between percentage or flat amount.
- Enter the discount amount.
- Enter the number of times this coupon can be used.
- Enter the expiry date (UTC) of the coupon or leave it empty if you do not want it to expire. Please note that the coupon will expire at 23:59:59 of the date specified.
- Select coupon type:
- Checkout Coupon: Coupon applies to the entire total of the checkout, regardless of the products being purchased.
- Product Coupon: Coupon applies to a specific product or set of products. Associated with a product.
- Add coupon description (for internal use) if needed.
- Select or create a coupon group. Groups help you locate the coupons more easily on your dashboard.
Creating a coupon via the generate coupon API
Please find the API documentation here.
Note: The API is particularly useful when you need to create several coupons in one go as this is something that you can’t currently do via the Seller Dashboard.
Applying coupons to the checkout
Once the coupon is created you can share the coupon code with your customers for them to use it in your checkout or apply the coupon to the checkout straight away.
If you want to apply the coupon straight to the checkout so your customers don’t even have to type the coupon in, you can do so using paddle js or via the custom checkout API.
Custom Checkout API
curl -X POST \
-d 'vendor_id=123' \
-d 'vendor_auth_code=456bd...' \
-d 'product_id=123456' \
-d 'coupon_code=DISCOUNT123' \
Note: Coupons only work with the custom checkout API if a product id is set. Also at the moment it’s not possible to apply checkout coupons using the custom checkout API, only product coupons.