In order to start syncing data between DevMate and Paddle you need to connect your Paddle & DevMate account. This is explained in DevMate integration.
The process for mapping products between Paddle & DevMate differs for existing products in Paddle, or if setting up products for the first time.
You can sync the sale & refund data of any existing Paddle product with DevMate. Do this following the steps below.
- Login to your Paddle dashboard, and ensure your DevMate account is connected (as above).
- Next to each product on your Products will be a DevMate button.
- For any products not yet connected to a DevMate product, the indicator on the DevMate button will be greyed out. For any products already connected to DevMate, this indicator will be green in colour.
- After clicking the DevMate button on a product not yet connected, a pop-up will appear asking you to match your Paddle product to the same product in DevMate. Simply, select the corresponding products from the drop-down list.
- Click, Save Connection.
Thereafter Paddle & DevMate will begin syncing future sale and refund data between the two platforms.
As well a syncing sale & refund data between Paddle & DevMate, following the steps below you can create a product in Paddle which upon purchase, delivers a DevMate compatible license (used to activate a trial served by DevMateKit).
- Login to your Paddle dashboard, and ensure your DevMate account is connected (as above)
- Browse to Checkout > Products in your dashboard and select, Add Product.
- Select, Software/App as your product type, and enter the name of your application.
- Select, No when prompted if you use the Paddle SDK.
- Select, Yes when prompted if your product uses DevMate.
- Next, choose the corresponding product in DevMate you’re setting up in Paddle.
- Choose Create a DevMate License Code as your fulfilment type.
- Edit your product icon, category, platform as necessary. These can be edited at any time.
- On the Release Checklist, choose the license type you’d like to deliver upon the product being purchased, and all other relevant steps in the release checklist. Once complete, hit Release.
- Upon releasing your product it will appear under the Products page, with a green DevMate indicator to convey a successfully connected DevMate & Paddle product.
- You can use the Checkout Link available on the Products page to implement a checkout on your site, which delivers DevMateKit compatible licenses.
As well as receiving a web checkout which delivers DevMate compatible licenses, any sales of this product via Paddle will automatically sync with your DevMate account.