Prices are everywhere, and ever-changing. They appear on the page listing your apps, in your newsletters, on a landing page with a unique discount… They vary depending on the country or currency of your customer, the type of license purchased, a price increase, or even a simple A/B test.
All in all, there are a lot of prices to store and display.
Our existing Localized Prices API for Paddle.js already allows you to dynamically display a localized price on your page. This helps you avoid hardcoding prices, or showing the wrong currency to a user, which would hurt conversion.
This is a useful, but fairly simplistic solution. For more advanced usage, we’ve just introduced our Pricing API v2.0:
- Easier batch price lookup: retrieve the prices of many products (for example your whole store page) in one single API call
- Effortless custom localization: rather than letting us decide which price to return, pass the visitor IP or country code you want us to localize
- No more coupon calculations: pass the coupon code and the price will automatically take it into account (this applies to one-time purchase products only)
- On the server side: our Pricing API allows you to run these calls server side, which allows for greater control and flexibility than Paddle.js allows on the client side
- For one-off and subscriptions: all business models are supported